Integrative Approach to Health and Wellness
Naturopathic Medicine is a distinct system of primary health care that utilizes gentle and non-invasive, yet effective, methods of treatment to help patients achieve optimal health. The process of making a diagnosis is identical to conventional medicine, but once the diagnosis is made, emphasis is on correcting the underlying cause of disease. It is a system of medicine that integrates various therapeutic modalities based on the following six principles:
- First, do no harm (Primum, non nocere)
- Stimulate the Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae)
- Treat the Whole Person- individualized care (Tolle totum)
- Identify and Treat the Causes (Tolle Causam)
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere)
- Focus on Prevention (Praevenire)
What we do at Core Integrative Health
At Core Integrative Health, an individualized treatment plan is created for every patient. We take into consideration the patient’s medical history, physical exam findings, lab results and factors such as diet and lifestyle. Our goal is two fold.
- Help patients feel better and get rid of their symptoms; and
- Help prevent the development of chronic diseases/conditions
- We use multiple modalities, both conventional and natural, towards this central goal. These modalities include.
- Functional medicine
- Clinical nutrition
- Botanical medicine
- Prescription medication
- Physical medicine
Patient-Centered Treatment Program
Dr. Preeti Kulkarni is the founder and Naturopathic Doctor at Core Integrative Health. She supervises all patient care and creates a comprehensive treatment plan after a thorough review. She takes the time to educate her patients about the components of the treatment plan and answers all their questions. Prior to starting treatment, Dr.Kulkarni recommends booking a complimentary visit. The complementary visit will serve patients interested in finding out more about our approach. It will also serve patients who have seen doctors in an integrative setup before to find out how our approach will be beneficial to you.